Saturday, February 16, 2008

Washing clothes is so much fun . . .

So today was my big clothes washing day. As you may have guessed, there was no washing machine, just a giant cement area to scrub them on. The entire process took about three hours, and my shoulders are now very sore. Who knew washing clothes could be such a workout?
In other news, we finally started working in the garden for some hands on training. It was nice spending the day outside instead of eight hours inside studying spanish. Most of the stuff we went over I already knew thanks to heifer (making seed beds, planting transplants etc), so I feel a little bit ahead of the game in that respect. Well that´s all for now! I´ll try to get some pictures posted one of these days.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I feel better about having to drive 1/2 hour and save up quarters to do my laundry... at least I'm not physically hurting afterwards!
That's awesome that your time with Heifer is coming in so handy now. It sounds like you're really ahead of the game in several aspects, both langauge-wise and work-wise!

PsyChick said...

Bueno! You get a workout and clean clothes-- what a hassle though. Keep strong!