Tuesday, January 13, 2009

just a quick post . . .

to say that i'm back in my site. The rainy season has officially started with a vengence so it's been pretty gloomy around here. I did get quite a enthusiastic welcome from the younger kids in the family. I brought back some of the sacigewia (I'm not sure how to spell that) dollars because they use those here. however the ones that i have are brand new which was a cause for some excitement as well as some suspicion. one the ladies at the vegetable market wasn't sure at first if it was real money since it was so shiny. i gave a few to the kids in my host family as belated xmas presents as well as some kids books in spanish. we also made some real chocolate chip cookies as i brought back a huge back of choco chips. the only problem was that most of the bag got squashed so they've all congealed into a huge brick of chocolate. oh well at least they still taste good!

2 comments:

PsyChick said...

if there is one thing they need to learn about the US, it's our love of chocolate chip cookies!!

but seriously, having such a nice treat probably means a lot to them. :)

Jeff said...

Hi,

My name is Jeff and I’m an RPCV from Belize. I am in grad school at the University of Vermont now and am working a group hired by the Ecuadorian Govt to generate some economic development strategies for the country.

I wanted to include an interview with some Ecuador PCVs. Would you be willing to participate by answering a few questions by email? It would really help to have your responses to help us understand the nature of the Ecuadorian economy. If you are willing, please send me an email at: frankjef@gmail.com and I’ll send out our interview questions. Thanks so much,

Jeff