Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Fun in the big city

So I've been having fun eating some american food in quito (including mint chip ice cream!) and suffering through long bueracratic sessions at the peace corps hq. The sessions are neccessary, but highly boring. Today we got our cell phones, which seem rather complicated (although maybe that's just my technological illiteracy). They also have to be on all the time, which I'm not a fan of, since it drives me nuts when people's phones ring during meetings. I understand the safety issues, but I still find it annoying.
Things should get a bit more exciting this afternoon, as we have a self defense lesson where I can get my inner-ninja on. Then tommorrow is the formal swearing in ceremony, followed by the not so formal party bus tour around Quito. We've also gotten our new addresses. Mine is now:
Linea Richards
Cuerpo de Paz
Casilla 05-01-236
Latacunga, Cotopaxi
Ecuador

My next post will probably be from my site!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

They should tell people to put their phones on vibrate, at least then you wouldn't have to hear them.

Unknown said...

I giggled so hard at the "get my inner ninja on". Awesome! Shame about the phone, but they probably have to cover their asses as much as possible.
Whoo hoo, ice cream!